- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. garlic olive oil
- 2 cups of Frozen Seasonal Blend Veggies (onions, celery, bellpeppers)
- 1 pack of turkey sausage
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Neapolitan Herb Balsamic or worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1½ tsp creole seasoning
- 1 lb bag of dried red beans (already soaked overnight and drained) – You can used canned beans, but if beans ya know…wreck your insides…consider soaking dry beans. It makes the beans easier to digest and less “after effects” than canned beans. Just put your beans in water high enough to cover it a few inches and let them sit.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice to serve with beans
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, celery and bell peppers and cook until they begin to caramelize and tenderize.
- Next add in sausage and brown.
- Add in minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes making sure not to burn.
- Turn heat up to medium high and add chicken stock, water, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and creole seasoning then stir in red beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring liquid to a boil then turn heat down to low, cover with lid and cook for 2 – 2½ hours until beans are tender and liquid as thickened. Note: Mine cooked a little faster and not quite 2 hours.
- Check flavor of beans and season with salt and pepper to taste, stir and turn off heat.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and allow beans to continue thickening.
- Serve with rice and drizzle with “ketchup”
Neapolitan Herb “Ketchup”
- Combine 1 cup salsa, 1/4 cup J.Olive Co. Neapolitan Herb Balsamic in a sauce pot.
- Simmer about 5-8 minutes.
- Drizzle on top of red beans and rice bowl.