- ¾ cup paprika
- ⅓ cup Salt Sisters Rosemary Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp mustard powder
- 2 Tbsp black ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Pomegranate Balsamic
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- ¼ cup grated Manchego cheese (or other sharp cheese)
- ¼ cup garlic
- 1 cup J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil
- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder roast or tenderloin (trim off excess fat)
- Season the pork roast/tenderloin liberally, all around with paprika, Rosemary Sea Salt, mustard powder & ground black pepper. Rub them on the pork. Sear the pork on each side in a hot, dry, nonstick skillet. Add it & all remaining ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low; when done, meat should shred easily with a fork. Remove roast from slow cooker, shred & plate on rolls.
- For Pomegranate Glaze: Place dijon mustard, pomegranate balsamic, granulated sugar, honey, & ground coriander in a pan & simmer on low until reduced by half. Let cool down fully before using. Drizzle over the roasted pulled pork.
- For Sun-dried Tomato Pesto: Place sun-dried tomatoes, toasted almonds, cheese, garlic, & butter olive oil in a food processor. Slowly add the olive oil, salt to taste & serve over pulled pork. Enjoy!
- Tips – If a slow cooker is not available, place the pork in a Dutch Oven & bake (covered) for 4½ hours at 375°F. Also, for added flavor, try using the Sun-dried Tomato Pesto as a spread on your rolls!
Recipe modified from Saratoga Olive Oil