- 6 ciabatta buns split
- 2 tbsp J.Olive Co. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 pound salami deli style, thin sliced
- 1/2 pound ham deli style, thin sliced
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Split the ciabatta buns and arrange them on a baking sheet. Brush the inside of each bun evenly with the olive oil. Toast in the warmed oven for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped olives and Italian dressing. Let rest at room temperature while assembling the sandwiches.
- On the bottom of each toasted ciabatta bun, arrange the deli meats, cheese, red onions, roasted peppers as desired.
- Spoon some of the olive mixture on top of each sandwich, then top with the ciabatta top bun.
- Wrap each sandwich with wax paper or parchment paper. Top the sandwiches with another baking pan and then weight it down with a heavy object like a cast iron skillet.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to overnight. Keep chilled until serving.
Recipe and picture modified from www.buythiscookthat.com.