- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces (about 4-5)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Pomegranate Quince Balsamic
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried coriander
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ cup chopped dried fruit such as apricots, peaches, golden and/or dark raisins, plums
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp molasses
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pomegranate seeds (arils)
- In a large skillet, heat Butter Olive Oil. Sauté the chicken pieces until they are browned, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a plate with paper towels to drain.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook it over medium-low heat scraping up the browned bits. Cook for about 10 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Meanwhile, combine the Cranberry Pear and Pomegranate Quince Balsamic in a small bowl. Add the honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice, coriander, cinnamon, and cumin. Pour over the onion and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped fruit, chicken broth, and molasses and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices. Stir and simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Taste and add salt and pepper. Add more chicken broth if you want to add a little more moisture.
- Serve over couscous or rice with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.
Recipe modified and image courtesy of Flying Olive