- Half a Lemon
- Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes or Hot Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Salt (Divided)
- 3 Cloves Thin Sliced Fresh Garlic
- 1-1.5 Cup Pasta Water
- 1/3 Cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 16oz. Spaghetti
- Slice garlic cloves thin (do not chop) and remove stems from parsley. Chop parsley fine and set all this aside. Have all your ingredients handy and ready since you will need to get to them quickly.
- Bring water with 3 Tbsp salt to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Save 2 cups of the hot pasta water before draining.
- About 5 minutes before your pasta is ready, heat the olive oil in large pan on medium and add the sliced garlic. Toss gently, and add the hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper after about 30 seconds. Cook and toss for about 30 seconds.
- Add parsley, cooked pasta, pasta water, butter and squeeze in the half lemon (watch for seeds). Stir gently and bring to gentle boil. Add more fresh pepper and salt. Toss the mixture well to fully coat and turn off heat.
- Let mixture set about 30 seconds so liquid thickens a bit. Serve hot and top with fresh grated parmesan.
Recipe modified from and image courtesy of Crooner’s Kitchen