- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Butter olive oil
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a Dutch oven, sauté onion in Butter olive oil until tender. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, about 20 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Recipe and image courtesy of Taste of Home