Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme
- 12 oz high-quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups Half & Half
- 6 large egg yolks
- 8 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Oro Bailen Piqual or any UP EVOO
- ¼ tsp salt
Blood Orange Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp J.Olive Co. Blood Orange Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Place the chocolate and olive oil in a blender. Whisk the Half & Half, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom and edge of the pot with a heatproof spoon or spatula so that the mixture does not burn.
- Continue to stir until the custard coats the spoon and almost begins to simmer, approximately 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour the custard over the olive oil and chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 ramekins or cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Whip the cream and blood orange olive oil with the confectioners’ sugar with a mixer or in the blender until soft peaks form. Top the chilled pots de creme with whipped cream before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Recipe provided by Rachel Bradley-Gomez