- 1 ¼ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
- 3 small heads of broccoli, chopped into pieces (about 4-5 cups)
- 3-4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into skinny sticks**
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3-4 Tbs fresh basil, finely chopped + additional for topping
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (1/2 tsp. dried) – optional
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to make sauce.
- Place chicken in zip-lock bag or glass container with about 1/2 of the balsamic sauce. Toss and move chicken breast around to coat. Set in fridge (may marinate for longer period of time if you wish).
- Meanwhile, chop veggies. **for more tender carrots, cut into skinny sticks.
- Place veggies, EXCEPT for tomatoes, on the sheet pan. Pour remaining balsamic sauce over veggies and toss veggies to coat. Make sure all pieces are coated. Feel free to use your hand with this to really get the broccoli florets coated.
- Remove chicken from zip-lock bag or container, move veggies around to make spaces for the chicken. Place chicken on pan.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and add tomatoes and toss veggies. Place back into the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken. For example, tenders or small chicken breasts (as shown in photos) will need to bake for 5-7 additional minutes. To ensure chicken is done, you could also use a meat thermometer. Once thermometer reaches 165℉, remove pan from oven.
- Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of The Real Food Dietitians