- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sucanat (whole cane sugar)
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 medium ripe pear
- ⅓ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Blood Orange olive oil
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and whisk in sugar. Add walnuts and let cook, stir often, until sugar has caramelized on the walnuts (about 3-4 minutes.)
- Remove from skillet and set aside. In same skillet, add pear slices and cook on one side for 2 minutes, flip, and cook until pears are warmed through.
- To assemble salad, whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together and toss with lettuce. Place lettuce in a bowl and top with walnuts, pears, and Gorgonzola cheese. Serve while warm.
Recipe courtesy of Olive-Me