- 7 ounces all-purpose flour
- Salt (optional)
- 6 T of J.Olive Co. EVOO + extra to grease the tart pan
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- In bowl, mix together flour (salt.) Then add in olive oil using a fork until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually stir in cold water (about 1/4 cup as a guide as it may vary) until the mixture forms a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- If you are using the dough on the same day, remember to preheat the oven to 375F.
- Oil a tart pan using a baking brush thoroughly. Set aside.
- Roll the dough flat enough to cover the tart pan.
- Wrap the pastry around the rolling pin, center it over the pan and unwrap the pastry.
- Then try to fit the pastry into the side of the pan without stretching it too much.
- Use your fingers to press gently into the fluted side of the tart pan.
- Make sure that the pastry fits snugly where the bottom and side of the pan meet with no air pockets. Also, trim the overhanging dough and use it to “patch up” the dough shortfall area (if any).
- Lightly brush the surface with some oil and prick the bottom of the tart with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust appears golden.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.com