- 6 large baking potatoes (about 4 1/2 pounds), peeled, cut large chunks
- 7 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in heavy large pot and cover with cold water.
- Boil over medium-high heat until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork, about 30-40 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid. Return potatoes to the dry pot and stir over medium heat until any excess liquid evaporates.
- Add 6 tablespoons Butter Olive Oil and mash until almost smooth. Mix in enough potato cooking liquid as needed to moisten.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl and drizzle with remaining tablespoon olive oil and serve.
Recipe and Photo by The Olive Tap