- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup J. Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fleur de sel or flaky sea salt, for serving
- Using a hand mixer, beat sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl until pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Add oil in a steady stream, and continue beating until smooth and airy, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla, and salt, and beat until combined.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fleur de sel or flaky sea salt, if you like.
Recipe courtesy of SaveUr.com.