- 6 oz Heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 basil sprigs
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 oz marinara sauce
- 1 oz parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1 Tbsp. J. Olive Co. Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 2 oz baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tsp EVOO and shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Place flatbreads directly on oven racks and bake until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Spread marinara sauce on each flatbread, add mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese. Add tomatoes, shallots and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly, about 13-16 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes.
- While flatbread is baking, whisk Neapolitan Herb Balsamic and EVOO in a mixing bowl. Add arugula and toss to coat, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place arugula on top of flatbread or serve on the side. Garnish flatbread with basil leaves and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Original recipe from Olivia’s Oils and Vinegars.