- 4 oz Genoa salami, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz mortadella, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz capicola, cut into bite size pieces (or ham)
- 4 oz provolone cheese, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 (16 oz) packages frozen tortellini
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 oz) jar Italian mix giardiniera, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- Prepare the olive salad: Reserve 2 Tbsp olive oil. In a medium bowl combine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley and black pepper. Whisk until well combined. Set aside. Cut up remaining ingredients according to ingredient list. Add remaining ingredients to bowl. Toss well until combined and coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (up to overnight).
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Remove from heat and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare deli meats and cheeses: cut meats and cheese into bite size pieces, approximately 1/4”- 1/2” in size.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp reserved olive oil over drained tortellini. Stir to combine. Add olive salad to drained tortellini and gently stir until well combined. Toss in chopped meats and cheeses.
Original recipe and image found at The Slow Roasted Italian