- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil (plus additional for frying)
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- 2 tsp Ely’s or Koestler Prime All-Purpose Seasoning
- pinch Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 Tbl Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- Optional Fresh arugula or Angel hair pasta
- Optional Lemon wedges
- Optional Fresh Parsley
1. Pound 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts until thin.
2. Whisk together J. Olive Co. Milanese Gremolata olive oil, J. Olive Co. Sicilian Lemon balsamic vinegar, Salt Sisters salt and cracked pepper.
3. Place chicken in marinade, cover and place in refrigerator for 6 hours- overnight. The longer the marinate time, the more flavorful the chicken.
4. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, panko crumbs, Parmigiano cheese and additional fresh cracked pepper if desired.
5. Dip each cutlet in the egg mixture and let the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
6. Heat a medium skillet, with a 1/4 inch of J. Olive Co. Milanese Gremolata olive oil. Fry 1-2 chicken breasts at a time. Place chicken on the first side for about 2 minutes, flip and fry for another 2 minutes. Repeat until chicken is browned and cooked through. If you’ve pounded the chicken thin enough, cooking time is greatly reduced.
7. Once chicken is cooked, place on a paper towel-lined plate in order to absorb excess oil.
8. Serve chicken on a bed of fresh arugula or angel hair pasta. Add a squeeze of lemon and a few sprigs of fresh parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Saratoga Olive Oil Co.