FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed and snapped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1 Tbs J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain well and pat dry.
- Add the green beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, olives, and basil to the bowl with the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over the salad and gently stir until salad is coated with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve.
Note-if you have an Instant Pot, you can cook the quinoa in your Instant Pot. It only takes one minute.
Recipe courtesy of Two Peas & Their Pod