- 3 extra-large tomatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 large clove (or two small cloves) garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange in a single layer in a large, shallow dish.
- Measure the oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine and evenly pour over the tomatoes in the dish.
- Cover and marinate for 2 to 3 hours on the counter, or 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bring chilled tomatoes to room temperature before serving.
- Transfer tomatoes to serving dishes, spoon juices over the tops, and garnish with additional chopped fresh herbs, if desired.
Dried herbs are more potent than fresh, so you only need 1/3 the amount when using dried herbs. You may substitute 1 tsp dried parsley and 1 tsp dried basil for the fresh herbs in this recipe. You may also switch up the herbs you use.
Recipe courtesy of fivehearthome.com.