- 1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained & patted dry
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp J. Olive Co. EVOO, divided
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups roughly chopped kale
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbs thinly diced red onion
- 1 Chile avocado, diced
- 1 Tbs raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbs hemp seeds
Cilantro Jalapeño Dressing
- 1 medium jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 2 Tbs raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 F. Spread chickpeas on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the chickpeas, and top with paprika, chili powder, and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss the chickpeas in the oil and spices using your hands, and then bake for 20-30 minutes until chickpeas are golden and crispy.
2. While chickpeas are cooking, prepare the rest of the salad. Add kale leaves to a bowl, and top with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a dash of salt. Massage the kale using your hands to soften. Top the kale with cherry tomatoes, red onion, and avocado. When chickpeas are ready, add to the bowl.
3. Prepare the dressing together by blending the ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4. Drizzle dressing over salad, and top with pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. Toss salad, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kale Me Maybe.