- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp J.Olive Co. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4- to 5-oz. salmon fillets
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 Tbsp J.Olive Co. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
For the dressing
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
For the salad:
- Sprinkle salmon all over with salt.
- Combine wine, 1 cup water, shallot, parsley, and peppercorns in a large skillet over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Place salmon in skillet, cover, reduce heat, and poach to desired degree of doneness, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate (discard poaching liquid).
- Place kale in a large bowl. Add 1/8 tsp salt and the olive oil. Massage kale until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add apple and avocado; toss with 5 to 6 Tbsp dressing.
- Divide salad among 4 bowls; top each with a salmon fillet. Drizzle each filet with 1 tsp dressing; sprinkle with pepper.