- 1 1/2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon J. Olive Co. Sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
Honey Sesame Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon J. Olive Co. Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Wash and rinse the chicken thighs with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Set aside. Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together, stir to mix well. Make sure the honey and corn starch are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add the cooking oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs until they turn slightly brown (if they stick to the pot too much, you may use a non-stick skillet for pan-searing or skip this step.) Add the the garlic and saute a little bit. Pour in the sauce and top with the white sesame. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 8 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully, add the chopped scallion and serve immediately. If the sauce is too watery, make sure you set the Instant Pot to Saute mode to reduce the sauce, for about 2 minutes or so. If the sauce is lighter in color compared to the pictures, you might add some dark soy sauce to make the sauce darker in color. Different soy sauce has different color, some lighter and some darker. If you use a lighter color soy sauce, the sauce will look lighter but the taste should be about the same.
Recipe and image courtesy of Rasamalaysia