- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 2 teaspoons J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1 red large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 1 26- ounce box or 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cooked whole grain pasta, brown rice, polenta, or other favorite grain
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the salt and a light shower of freshly ground pepper on both sides.
- Strip the leaves off the chard and roughly chop. Lay the chard stems on a cutting board and cut into ½-inch-wide pieces.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and hit “Saute”. Add the olive oil. When the oil is good and hot, add the onion and saute until tender. Push “Keep Warm/Cancel”.
- Add the chard stems (not the leaves), chicken, garlic, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes (juice included), rosemary, thyme, basil, and oregano to the Instant Pot. Stir well and secure the lid.
- Set the Pot to “Manual” for 12 minutes with the vent closed.
- When the Instant Pot signals it’s done, open the vent with care to release the steam. Once the steam has vented, open the pot, add the chard leaves, stir, and cover the pot. Leave it for 4 minutes.
- Serve over cooked whole grain spaghetti, brown rice, or polenta with Parmesan cheese grated over the top.
Recipe courtesy of Mom’s Kitchen Handbook