Call Now Button
- 2 tsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 2 tsp J. Olive Co. Sicilian Lemon balsamic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of crumbled saffron threads
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes chopped, with juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 oz bay scallops, tough muscle removed
- 4 oz small shrimp, (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, fennel seed, salt, pepper, and saffron; cook for 20 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, stir in scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Stir in couscous.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff.