- 1 pound cake
- 3 Tbsp Butter Olive Oil
- 1/4 c honey
- J. Olive Co. Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- Fresh, seasonal fruit, such as berries or grilled peaches
- Slice the pound cake and store in freezer until it is slightly frozen.
- Melt the butter and honey on the stove top to make a sauce.
- Brush sauce on each side of the slightly frozen pound cake.
- Grill pound cake until the butter/honey sauce begins to caramelize.
- Serve with fresh or grilled fruit and a generous drizzle of the Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar.
- Another option is to macerate the fresh fruits in the Dark Chocolate Balsamic for about an hour, and serve this flavorful compote over the grilled pound cake.
Recipe and image courtesy of The Olive Tap