- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Basil olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 8-10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large container, whisk together all ingredients except the shrimp.
- Add shrimp to marinade and gently toss to cover the shrimp in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard leftover marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through and opaque.
Recipe and image courtesy of My Baking Addiction