- 1 4 – 6 ounce log of goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- J. Olive Co. Milanese Gremolata olive oil for frying
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Grapefruit Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Slice the goat cheese into 8 even pieces.
- Prepare to dredge goat cheese slices. In a small bowl, whisk the egg until the yoke and whites are combined. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, paprika, and sea salt. In a third bowl, place the panko bread crumbs.
- Dip each slice of cheese into the egg, then flour mixture, and finally the panko. Make sure they are evenly covered and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least an hour.
- While cheese is chilling, place a small saucepan over medium heat, and add Balsamic and honey. Simmer until sauce has reduced and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer into a separate dish to cool.
- Heat up enough Olive Oil to fill 1/4 inch of the bottom of a frying pan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chilled slices in the hot oil a few at a time, cooking 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place fried cheese slices on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Plate up fried goat cheese (whether on a salad, charcuterie board, or anything else) and drizzle balsamic reduction over the dish.
Original recipe found at Olivin Olive Oil & Vinegar Taproom