- 12 oz. fusilli pasta
- 12 oz. frozen broccoli florets
- 2 clove garlic
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. J.Olive Co. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- kosher salt
- toasted sliced almonds
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, garlic, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on high, stirring once halfway through, until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture (liquid included) to a food processor. Add the basil, oil, zest, and 3/4 teaspoon salt, and purée until smooth to make pesto.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto and 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid (adding more liquid if the pasta seems dry). Sprinkle with almonds and Parmesan, if desired.