- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons J. Olive Co. EVOO, divided
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 (6-ounce) heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place basil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons oil in a mini food processor; pulse 3 times to form a paste. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; pulse until smooth.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Spread about 2 1/2 tablespoons basil mixture over dough. Top evenly with cheese, tomatoes, and pepper. Bake at 500° for 12 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Top with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons basil mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt. Cut into 12 slices.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light via My Recipes