- 4 of Flora Butcher’s Prime Cut Hanger Steaks
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1/4 cup satsuma juice
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until emulsified.
- Place steaks and the marinade in a ziplock bag and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- After marinating, allow steaks to slowly drain for about 20 minutes.
- While draining, heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Cook the steaks until 130 degrees for medium rare. They are thin so they don’t need to cook up to as high a temp.
- While cooking, move them often to get all sides caramelized evenly.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes under a clean dish towel. Then slice and shingle on the plate
- Top with chimichurri.
Recipe courtesy of Flora Butcher