Fig-balsamic glazed chicken
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Figbalsamic
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried cloves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper optional
Arugula salad with herb-pecan-crusted goat cheese medallions
- 6 cups arugula baby if available
- 3 ounces goat cheese low-sodium
- 1 ounce pecans (1/4 cup) finely chopped
- 10 stems fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley finely minced
- 10 leaves fresh mint leaves finely minced
Whisk together the olive oil, fig preserves, balsamic, garlic, cloves, and black and white pepper for the chicken. Add chicken in a large bowl, turning to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer in the refrigerator.
If refrigerated, allow chicken to warm up to room temperature.
Heat a large skillet (non-stick, cast iron, etc) over medium-high heat. If not using a non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp of EVOO and swirl to coat.
Sauté chicken pieces five minutes per side until brown.
Turn down heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, turning every five minutes. Keep an eye on the sauce so it does not blacken, turning down the heat as needed to keep it simmering.
Use a food processor to finely chop the walnuts. Add to a shallow mixing bowl, then wipe out the bowl of the food processor.
Finely mince the herbs in the food processor. Add to shallow mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place log of goat cheese in pecan-herb mixture, turning to press a thick layer on every side.
When ready to plate, cut goat cheese into thin rounds (1/2 ounce per person). Place on top of arugula. Whisk pan juices together and drizzle over salad and chicken on each plate. Sprinkle with remaining pecan-herb mixture.
Recipe and image courtesy of Migraine Relief Recipes