- 3-4 lb Beef Tenderloin trimmed
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Sea Salt (or steak seasoning)
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Harissa Olive Oil
- J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 pack of fresh mushrooms
- J. Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Espresso Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Harissa Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp A-1 Sauce
- The day before, place beef tenderloin in a bag and pour the Espresso balsamic and the Harissa olive oil over the meat. Release any air from the bag and seal. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate overnight.
- To prepare beef tenderloin – remove from bag and coat the tenderloin with sea salt and pepper or with your favorite steak seasoning. Allow meat to warm up to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place tenderloin on a flat roasting pan and place in preheated oven. Allow to cook for 45 minutes to an hour or until meat thermometer inserted in middle of tenderloin reads 130 degrees.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice into medallions that are 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Fan out the slices on a serving platter and top with Mushroom Sauce. The thinner end pieces will be more well done and the center will be medium rare, so everyone can find a piece to their liking.
- Place one package of sliced mushrooms in a sauté pan with EVOO.
- Turn stove to medium high and cook mushrooms. Add 1/3 cup of Espresso Balsamic and 2 Tablespoons of Harissa olive oil. Add 2 Tablespoons of A-1 Sauce. Sauté until fully cooked.
Original recipe found at The Spicy Olive