- 1-2 tsp J. Olive Co. Baklouti Green Chili (this olive oil is HOT! If you don’t want this much heat, add more of olive oil below.)
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Persian Lime olive oil
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Apricot Balsamic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp dried cilantro or 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced fine
- ¼ tsp salt and freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into ½” dice, drained
- ½ cup canned mild chopped green chilis, drained
- Whisk together dressing – olive oil, balsamic, onion powder, chili powder, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together rice, corn, black beans, pepper, pineapple, and green chilis.
- Pour half of the dressing over the contents of bowl. Stir. Add more dressing until salad is slightly moist. Save the dressing if more is needed after refrigeration. (The rice will absorb some of the dressing). Refrigerate for about an hour to blend the flavors. Add more dressing if necessary. Serve.
Recipe modified from and image from Flying Olive