- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- scant 1/2 cup half and half
- zest of one orange
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Blood Orange olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs orange juice (from the zested orange)
- 2 Tbs J. Olive Co. Vanilla Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg, half and half, and most of the orange zest; set aside.
- Add olive oil and egg mixture into the flour mixture, just until mixed.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries. Dump mixture out onto a floured counter-top and, with floured hands, separate dough into two equal pieces and pat each into a circle about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut each circle like a pie into 8 slices. Arrange scones on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely before dipping in the glaze.
- In a small bowl that is wide enough to dip scone, combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar with orange juice and balsamic. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip tops of the scones in the glaze and place them (glaze side up) on the cooling rack. Let Dry. Enjoy!
Recipe modified and image courtesy of Olive Leaf Bloomington.