Tips on how to use our extra virgin olive oils (EVOO), fused & infused olive oils, and balsamic vinegars in your everyday cooking.
You can use our olive oils and balsamic vinegars individually or mixed at a 1:1 ratio to marinate meats, poultry, fish, vegetables and fruits.
- Combine Butter Olive Oil & Dark Chocolate Balsamic for a Crazy Good Steak! Find the recipe here.
- Marinate steaks in Chipotle Olive Oil, salt and pepper to taste. Cook as desired. Try either our Espresso Dark Balsamic or our Dark Chocolate Balsamic as a dipping sauce to finish off the flavor.
- Mix equal parts Lemon Olive Oil and Fig Dark Balsamic for a great grilling marinade.
- Try a Harissa Infused Olive Oil and Traditional Balsamic marinade for your steaks or beef tenderloin.
- Mix Lemon Olive Oil and Coconut White Balsamic and drizzle over your fish of choice before grilling or baking. You can substitute our Lime Olive Oil in place of the Lemon for a different taste.
- Another great combination for your fish is our Tuscan Herb Olive Oil paired with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic.
- Marinate your vegetables in equal parts Garlic Olive Oil and Fig Balsamic Vinegar prior to cooking
- Try our Lemon Olive Oil and Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar over your favorite summer fruit!
- Another great combination is our Blood Orange Olive Oil and Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- Drizzle our Grapefruit White Balsamic for a great citrus taste
Chicken & Pork
- Marinate chicken & pork tenderloin in J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil + Traditional Balsamic with Koestler Prime or Ely’s seasoning.
Reduction or Balsamic Glaze
This is also referred to as a balsamic reduction. In a saucepan, add 2 cups of your favorite balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until your desired thickness of the glaze. The glaze will coat the back of your spoon. There will be ½ cup glaze after this is complete.
- A glaze makes an excellent sauce to pour over your grilled chicken, pork, or beef tenderloin.
- Try our Dark Chocolate Balsamic or Espresso Balsamic as a glaze for steaks.
- Another great combination is our Fig Balsamic over pork tenderloin
Sauté your favorite vegetables, chicken, beef, or fish with 2 tablespoons of any of our EVOO. You can also use our EVOO to scramble or fry eggs! To finish your dish, drizzle with a small of amount of balsamic vinegar to enhance the flavor.
- Using our Blood Orange Olive Oil, sauté chicken breasts or tenders until cooked through. Polish off this dish by drizzling our Toasted Sesame Oil for fabulous Sesame Orange Chicken!
- Sauté green beans or asparagus with a drizzle of Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté with our White Truffle Oil as a great accompaniment to grilled steak.
- Saute’ ground beef in J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil and Salt Sisters Tuscan Farmhouse Blend Seasoning. Add to a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce to give so much flavor!
- Heat pan with 1-2 tablespoons of EVOO, then brush your meat, poultry, fish, or vegetables with your choice of balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium heat until ready.
Create a Vinaigrette
Start by blending 2 parts olive oil with 1 part balsamic vinegar. This is a personal preference so you may prefer more of a 1:1 ratio. Try this in any combination of our EVOO or balsamic vinegar.
- Create a salad with tomatoes, feta, honey roasted almonds and dress with J. Olive Co. EVOO + Traditional Balsamic.
- Blood Orange Olive Oil (2 parts) + Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar (1 part)
- Strawberry, Blueberry, or Pomegranate Balsamic are also great in combination with our Fused Blood Orange Olive Oil!
- Persian Lime Olive Oil (2 parts) + Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar (1 part)
There are many ways to enhance the flavor of your favorite dish. These are a few of our suggestions.
- Drizzle Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and Salt Sisters Tuscan Farmhouse Blend Seasoning over ground beef before combining with your favorite sauce.
- Mist unseasoned popcorn with out Butter Olive Oil for great movie theater popcorn.
- For a special treat, mist unseasoned popcorn with White Truffle Oil and while still warm sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cook scrambled eggs with Butter Olive Oil instead of regular butter for a healthier option.
Fry with EVOO
- Our ultra-premium EVOO has a high smoke point. It is low in free fatty acids and high in polyphenols (antioxidants).
- Replace canola oil and vegetable oil 1:1 in any baked good. (i.e. brownies, muffins, and cakes)
- Substitute our Butter Infused Olive Oil instead of regular butter in any recipe (see conversion chart under the recipe tab)
- Use J. Olive Co. Lime Olive Oil to reheat leftover steak and chicken to make fajitas.
Polish off your favorite dish or dessert with any of our olive oils and balsamic vinegars. These are just a few of our favorites:
- Cook shrimp as desired. Drizzle Lime Infused Olive Oil and Coconut White Balsamic over shrimp for great flavor!
- Replace butter in mashed potatoes with our Butter Infused Olive Oil.
- Top off your favorite mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes with our Garlic Olive Oil.
- Slice a French baguette into 1” slices. Mist each slice with Garlic Olive Oil or Rosemary Olive Oil and a dash of salt and pepper. For an extra touch, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 325° until cheese is slightly melted.
- Try this with your favorite bread or cheese!
- Drizzle Dark Chocolate Balsamic over vanilla ice cream, brie cheese, or cheesecakes. Polish off your dessert with a splash of Blood Orange Olive Oil for a delicious treat!
- Slice strawberries and let them marinate in Strawberry Balsamic for 30 minutes prior to serving over pound cake or cheesecake.