- 16 extra large shrimp peeled, deveined and tail intact
- 2 Tbsp. J. Olive Co. Coconut Balsamic
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. water
- EVOO for deep frying
Chili Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Asian Sweet Chili Sauce (in supermarkets)
- 1 tsp. J. Olive Co. Sesame Oil
- 2 scallions minced plus some for decoration
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl add shrimp to Coconut Balsamic. In a shallow bowl add flaked coconut, breadcrumbs and flour and mix to combine. In another bowl add egg mixed with water.
- Dip shrimp in egg mixture then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- In a deep heavy pot, heat EVOO to 375 degrees. Add shrimp a few at a time and do not overcrowd. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile in another bowl mix all ingredients for dipping sauce. Let sit at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Place shrimp on a large platter. Place dipping sauce in a small bowl alongside shrimp. Sprinkle minced scallions over shrimp to decorate.
Recipe courtesy of Bazaar Olive Oil