- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp table salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shortening (16 Tbsp)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Strawberry ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Reduce vinegar in a saucepan over medium-high heat to ¼ cup, 15 minutes; let cool.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in reduced vinegar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- Drop dough by #40 scoop (about 1½ Tbsp.) onto prepared baking sheets and gently flatten tops. Bake cookies until edges are just set, 9–10 minutes; cool completely on baking sheets, then freeze.
- Assemble ice cream sandwiches by scooping ice cream with a #20 cookie scoop (about 3 Tbsp.) onto flat side of one cookie. Place flat side of a second cookie on top of ice cream and press until ice cream meets edge of cookie; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze, at least 4 hours.
- Let ice cream sandwiches sit at room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe and image courtesy of Cuisine at Home