- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/3 cup Irish Cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375oF. Grease two 8-inch cake pans.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. In a small bowl, beat the oil, eggs, and Dark Chocolate Balsamic together. Add the liquid to the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Transfer the batter to well-greased cake pans and bake about 10-12 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, Irish Cream, and powdered sugar using an electric mixer.
- Turn one of the cooked cakes onto a plate or platter. Pour about 1/3 of the glaze mixture on the top of the first cake and spread to cover evenly. Turn the second cake on top of the glaze. Finally, pour the remaining glaze on top of the cake and spread until it runs over the sides.
- Allow the cake and glaze to set at least 15 minutes before serving, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Optional: Drizzle with J. Olive Co. Raspberry Balsamic.
Original recipe found at The Crescent Olive