- 2 – 2.5 lbs skinless chicken thighs, deboned
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 3T fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 3 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2T honey
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set the chicken aside in a dish for marinating or a Ziploc bag.
- In a big bowl, mix the Marinade ingredients until well combined. Set aside about 1/4c-1/3c of marinade for basting later.
- Add the Marinade to the chicken, being sure to coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up grill to a medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook on both sides, turning as needed. Brush the reserved Marinade over the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides.
- Serve immediately with some fresh lime wedges.
Optional: Cook the chicken in the oven at 400F for approximately 20 minutes (or cook on the stovetop using a skillet or cast-iron) or until cooked through and has some char; be sure to baste with marinade halfway through. Serve with lime wedges and your favorite side dish. The chicken is also great over salad.
Original recipe found at The Pinehurst Olive Oil Co.