- 6 cups of shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, cooked, shredded and seasoned to taste with Fajita or Taco seasoning
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of corn (if frozen, thawed; If canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of J. Olive Co. Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar*
*or try with our Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
With this hearty, twist on a southwest chicken salad, feel free to add or substitute ingredients to your personal taste preferences. Optional ingredients to consider as a garnish include:
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Crushed tortilla chips or tortilla straws
- Whisk together Chipotle Olive Oil and Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar until emulsified. Set aside.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the Southwest Chicken Salad:
- Combine lettuce and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the southwest chicken salad and toss to coat.
- Add any optional garnishes before serving and enjoy!
Recipe and Image Courtesy of The Olive Tap