- 3 pounds chicken thighs, with skin and bone
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup good honey, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey Balsamic
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
1. Season the chicken with the salt and white pepper.
2. Heat a skillet on medium heat and slowly pan-fry the chicken, skin side down at first, until both sides of the chicken become nicely browned. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at 160°/165°F. Remove the chicken and discard the fat.
3. Add the olive oil and butter to the skillet, sauté the garlic until fragrant and you see the first bit of browning. Add in the honey, balsamic, and water or broth.
4. Add the chicken back into the skillet and simmer and reduce the sauce until slightly thickened.
5. Remove from heat, garnish with the scallions and serve immediately.
Original recipe found at The Olive Tap