- 1 pound pasta (Penne, Fusilli, BowTie)
- J. Olive Co. Basil olive oil
- 1/3 Cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced into chiffonade strips, about 1 Cup
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, or more if you love it
- 2 Cups tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1/3 Cup pesto (See recipe, or use store-bought pesto)
- Cook pasta until Al Dente (according to package directions)
- Drain in a colander and toss with Basil Olive Oil or EVOO. Set aside to cool.
- Smash garlic and marinate in the 1/3 Cup oil in a large serving bowl.
- Set aside for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped or torn mozzarella pieces, and sliced basil.
- Toss in the cooled pasta and pesto.
- If desired you can add shredded Parmesan on top and a sprig of fresh basil for decoration.
Recipe courtesy of Susan Hickman