Tuscan Herb Butternut Noodles
- 1 pack of frozen Green Giant Spiraled butternut squash
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fat-free feta cheese
- fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp brown butter ghee
- 1/2 Tbsp + J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp + J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
- Kosher salt
- Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in saucepan over low-medium heat. Add sliced onions to this pan and cook low and slow for about 20-25 minutes. Do not let the heat get too high where it burns the onions. You want to slowly caramelize the onions where they turn golden and lightly brown.
- At about 5-10 minutes left of the onions cooking, add the minced garlic to the pan.
- Defrost the frozen butternut squash noodles by boiling water and adding to the boiling water. Do not leave the noodles too long in the water or they will get mushy.
- Drain butternut noodles well and then, once onions are finished, add to the onions pan.
- Season onions and butternut with kosher salt to taste. Drizzle in about 1/2 Tbsp of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and 2 Tbsp of Gravenstein Apple Balsamic. Toss noodles while balsamic reduces.
- Remove from heat, toss in fat free feta cheese and top with chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with the Tuscan Herb Shrimp.
Tuscan Herb Shrimp
- 1 lb fresh/defrosted shrimp — about 12-14 medium to large shrimp
- CK Everything Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Tuscan Herb olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Before adding shrimp to hot pan, you want to make sure your shrimp are well drained and not a lot of residual water on them if you defrosted them first.
- Add shrimp to hot pan and drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
- Season the shrimp with CK Everything Season blend, or just garlic powder and salt.
- Do not move the shrimp around too much so they will have time to caramelize a bit. It is really important to have a hot pan at the start for this to happen.
- Flip shrimp to brown other side after they start to curl up. About 2 minutes or so. Season opposite side.
- Once shrimp are finished cooking, turn off heat and drizzle liberally with Gravenstein Apple Balsamic in the hot pan. Toss shrimp while balsamic reduces. *I do not add the balsamic while the heat is on because the balsamic will scorch if pan is too too hot. I found it did fine if I turned the heat off and then tossed.