- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canned coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon J. Olive Co. Basil Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 inch of a whole grain baguette sliced into 12 half thick slices
- salt and pepper for sprinkling
- fresh basil for garnish
Preheat your grill to high heat or preheat your oven to 400° degrees F.
In a medium saucepan, cook the blueberries, honey, balsamic vinegar and the lemon juice over high heat, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the blueberries burst, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, set aside.
While the blueberries cook mix together the mozzarella cheese, coconut milk or heavy cream and the 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or toast the baguette slices in the oven on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes flip and top with a dollop of the cheese/milk/olive oil mixture and grill or bake until the cheese melts, about three minutes.
Immediately top with the blueberries and a sprinkle of fresh basil and a grate of lemon zest if desired.
Recipe and image courtesy of Half Baked Harvest