- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Rosemary olive oil, divided
- 4 tsp J. Olive Co. Butter olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Blueberry balsamic
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped rosemary
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 2 lbs chicken legs and thighs)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 Tbsp Rosemary olive oil and 2 tsp Butter olive oil in a large, heavy, nonreactive skillet. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and add to the pan when the oil is hot.
- Sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute per side or until a light crust forms. Remove to a baking dish and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet. When oil is hot, stir in shallots and cook until soft and lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes. Add blueberries and cook 1 minute. Stir in balsamic, maple syrup, rosemary, remaining salt and pepper and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the blueberries have collapsed.
- Pour the blueberry balsamic mixture over chicken and put baking dish in the top half of the oven for about 10 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through to a temperature of 165°F.
Image courtesy of and Recipe modified from Driscoll’s