- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Flour
- ⅛ Tbsp Salt
- ½ cups + 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅔ cups Rolled Oats
- ¼ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ sticks Softened Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Coarse Sugar For Crunch
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Optional, For Serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, mix blueberries with sugar, 1/2 Tbsp of flour and salt.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and add blueberries mixture. I used a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 baking dish because I wanted a thick blueberry layer, but an 8×8 would work fine too.
- Once the blueberries are added, toss them with 1 Tbsp of blueberry balsamic vinegar.
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add softened butter and vanilla, and mix thoroughly with a fork and your hands until it becomes clumped together.
- Layer this crumble mixture on top of blueberries and sprinkle coarse sugar on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While crisp is baking, add the remaining vinegar to a small saucepan and heat over low heat until it reduces by half – about 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool, the mixture should thicken during this time.
- When blueberry crisp is finished, serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle balsamic reduction on top.
Recipe courtesy of TastyKitchen.com.