- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla
- 1 Tbs milk
- With its slight pepper finish, Blood Orange Olive Oil accentuates the chocolate in this simple recipe while reducing the amount of saturated fat found in traditional brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- Beat remaining ingredients, including Blood Orange Olive Oil, in a mixing bowl on medium speed until well combined.
- Add flour mixture, mixing on low speed until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 22 – 25 minutes, or until brownies begin to slightly pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in pan on baking rack and cut into 9 squares.