- 2 Tbsp Chipotle sauce, medium (or hot if you wish)
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup blackberry preserves (sugar free ok too)
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. flank steak or steak of choice
- In a bowl, combine the chipotle sauce, Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar, blackberry preserves, Chipotle Olive Oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place steak in a zip-lock bag. Add the marinade. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, flipping bag occasionally, if possible.
- When ready to grill, heat the grill to high. Remove steak from the marinade and let the marinade drip off the steak. (If desired, you can make a sauce by placing the remaining marinade in a small saucepan, bringing to a boil, turning down and simmering for at least 5 minutes. This will kill the bacteria and make a nice, thick sauce.)
- Place the steak on the hot grill and sear both sides for a minute or two. Turn the heat down and continue cooking until it reaches the desired doneness.
- Place the steak on a serving platter. Cover loosely with foil for 5-10 minutes. Slice the steak into thin strips across the grain. Serve with or without the reduced marinade on the side.
Recipe modified from Flying Olive