- 2 Tbsp Chipotle sauce, medium (or hot if you wish)
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup blackberry preserves (sugar free ok too)
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. flank steak or steak of choice
In a bowl, combine the chipotle sauce, Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar, blackberry preserves, Chipotle Olive Oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place steak in a zip-lock bag. Add the marinade. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, flipping bag occasionally, if possible.
When ready to grill, heat the grill to high. Remove steak from the marinade and let the marinade drip off the steak. (If desired, you can make a sauce by placing the remaining marinade in a small saucepan, bringing to a boil, turning down and simmering for at least 5 minutes. This will kill the bacteria and make a nice, thick sauce.)
Place the steak on the hot grill and sear both sides for a minute or two. Turn the heat down and continue cooking until it reaches the desired doneness.
Place the steak on a serving platter. Cover loosely with foil for 5-10 minutes. Slice the steak into thin strips across the grain. Serve with or without the reduced marinade on the side.
Recipe modified from Flying Olive