- 12 small round slices of a large baguette or Italian bread (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cloves garlic (2 tsp finely minced)
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Garlic olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Garlic powder, for sprinkling
- Finely chopped Italian parsley, for the garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice the bread.
- Mince the garlic. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic with the olive oil, dried oregano, and salt. Use a brush to brush the mixture on both sides of each slice of bread and place them onto a baking sheet. Try to pick up some of the minced garlic with the brush, as it tends to sink to the bottom. (If the oil runs out, depending on your size of bread, just add a splash more to the bowl with the garlic.)
- Add a pinch of garlic powder to the top of each toast.
- Bake for 5 minutes until the crust is crisp but the inside is still soft. If desired, sprinkle with finely chopped Italian parsley. Enjoy immediately.
Note – Our bread slices were about 4″ by 3″. It’s not a precise method, so you can use any size of bread. If you use larger slices of bread, you may need to add a splash more oil. Or just make up a 1.5 or 2 times batch of the garlic and olive oil mixture when using more bread than specified.
Recipe and image from A Couple Cooks