- ¾ c small blackberries
- 1 c quartered strawberries
- ½ c blueberries
- 2 ½ t sugar
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp J. Olive Co. Basil Olive Oil
- 4 sliced shortcake or pound cake
- In a medium bowl, macerate the berries with the sugar, balsamic, & lemon zest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream by hand – Place 2″ of ice in the bottom of a large bowl. Fill until just covered with cold water. Place a medium bowl on the ice with heavy cream & confectioner’s sugar. Begin whipping with a balloon whisk & add in the Basil Olive Oil slowly. Whip until soft peaks are formed & the cream is smooth. With a stand mixer: Whisk the heavy cream & sugar together; slowly drizzle in the oil. Whisk until soft peaks are formed & the cream is smooth. Watch the cream as this happens quickly!
- Place the berries over the cake with the sauce that it forms. Dollop cream on top & garnish with a basil leaf if so desired.