- ¾ cup small blackberries
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 ½ tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Strawberry Balsamic
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp confectionary sugar
- 2 tsp J. Olive Co. Basil Olive Oil
- 4 crumpets (can also use sliced shortcake or pound cake, if preferred)
- Sea Salt, for finishing
- In a medium bowl, macerate the berries with the sugar, Strawberry Balsamic, & lemon zest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream:
- By hand – Place 2” of ice in the bottom of a large bowl. Fill until just covered with cold water. Place a medium bowl on the ice with heavy cream & confectioner’s sugar. Begin whipping with a balloon whisk & add in the Basil Olive Oil slowly. Whip until soft peaks are formed & the cream is smooth.
- With a stand mixer- Whisk the heavy cream & sugar together; slowly drizzle in the oil. Whisk until soft peaks are formed & the cream is smooth. Watch the cream as this happens quickly!
- Place the berries over the cake with the sauce that it forms. Dollop cream on top & garnish with a touch of Sea Salt for heightened flavors & texture!
Recipe courtesy of Saratoga Olive Oil