- 1/4 cup, plus 11/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 12 oz. uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1 lb. large peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/3 cup fresh torn basil leaves
- Lemon peel strips
- Small fresh basil leaves
- Place 4 quarts of water in as stock pot; bring to a boil over high. Add 1/4 cup of the salt, and stir until dissolved. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; set aside with pasta.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add shrimp; sprinkle with pepper and 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Cook stirring occasionally, until shrimp are partially opaque, about 30 seconds. Add wine and garlic; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are mostly cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add pasta and 1/4 cup of the cooking water; bring to a simmer. Add butter, lemon juice, and remaining t tsp. salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and coats pasta, about 1 minute, adding more cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, if needed. Remove from heat. Stir in torn basil. Top with lemon peel strips, basil leaves, and black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of The SL Kitchen.